Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Serenade


"If I said goodbye to you tonight, there would still be music left to write..." OK, maybe that's not the song they sang or even the artist they choose to copy, but Julia tried and I guess that's what's important. No, it wasn't Billy Joel, but at least it didn't hurt my ears like Celion Dion. The point it that Julia tried to join the mariache band and do her own rendition of La Cucharacha (or however you spell it) and did a great job!

Julia has always been a showman (or showgirl) as is probably more accutately titled. Julia loves the limelight! She loves to be the center of attention (unlike myself). She craves attention and hopped up the second the mariache band offered to sing a song for $10 to our table, that I couldn't resist. How could I not let her showcase her skills even though it might set us back and force us to eat Taco Bell the rest of the trip :) OK, not really, but as much as Julia craves the spotlight Alyssa and myself shy away from it. I'm perfectly comfortable not being noticed in a room of 50-100 people and neither is Lys, but I wasn't going to hold her back, so.. she made the show. Besides, I've got to encourage her, as she is in the dual language program in school.

Kudos to our very own Selina, I mean Julia. Cheers J!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

We're really raising a rockstar!